Communications management unit
The Communications Management Unit is responsible for sharing current public health information with members, the media and the public via monthly E-News, the association’s web site and National Public Health Week. Contact the Communications Management Unit for more information.
fiscal management unit
The Fiscal Management Unit is responsible for auditing UPHA revenues and expenses, preparing the association budget and identifying new and additional funding sources. Contact the Fiscal Management Unit for more information.
policy management unit
The Policy Management Unit is responsible for UPHA advocacy efforts, including advancing sound public health policy. Our success is dependent on you! Please contact the Policy Management Unit to join our efforts or for more information.
Member Services management unit
The Member Services Management Unit includes all UPHA Executive Committee and is responsible for providing benefits and services to members, including the Public Health Conference for Utah, public health awards, board member nominations and professional development opportunities. Contact the UPHA President for more information.
OPerations management unit
The Operations Unit includes the Director and other staff of the Association and is responsible for providing strategic planning, business planning and continuity, information technology resources, office management, policies and procedures, managing the Association Office functions and providing Bookkeeping for the Association. Contact the UPHA Director for more information.
The Student Caucus, organized in May 2010, is a student group established across universities in Utah to promote communication and interaction among public health students and professionals within UPHA and beyond. It allows networking and professional development opportunities for university students in Utah with an interest in public health and health education.
- Awards Committee: Responsible for soliciting nominations for award recipients, review nominations, present to the Board recommendations for recipients and preparation of awards to be presented and managing the annual Awards Event.
- Annual Conference Committee: Engages UPHA’s Conference Planning Committee to coordinate student-related events and advertises the Public Health Conference for Utah to students.
- Finance Committee: Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on all financial matters, assist association groups prepare annual reports, work programs and budgets which shall be presented to the Board of Directors for approval prior to beginning of each fiscal year.
- Membership Committee: Actively solicit members to the Association, maintain the current membership database, membership forms and cards, as well as bill for membership dues.
- Nominations Committee: Nominates candidates for all offices, Board of Directors membership, and membership on elected Committee members.
- Professional Development Committee: Responsible for actively promoting and improving developmental opportunities for health professionals, students, educators and others interested in public health in Utah.
- Resource Development Committee: Identify and solicit diversified sources of funding, including endowed funds, scholarships, donations, gifts, grants, and entrepreneurial opportunities to fund UPHA events and services.
To find out more or to join one of the committees, please contact the UPHA Director.