November 10, 2020 - UPHA Calls upon the Public to Adhere to Health Order Issued by Governor Herbert - Find the full statement HERE.
October 28, 2020 - UPHA Commends Governor Herbert for Implementing COVID-19 Transmission Index and Recommends Further Action in a Time of Crisis - Find the full statement HERE.
During this unprecedented threat to the public’s health, the Utah Public Health Association stands behind Utah’s public health workers who work continuously to create conditions where all Utahans can be as healthy as possible. UPHA is committed to the health and safety of all communities and shares our concern for humanity at this time. We lean on our guiding principles to support our community. We reaffirm, especially during this great public health crisis, our commitment to:
- Advocating for sound public health policy
- Ensuring a healthy and safe environment by supporting people to “stay safe and stay home”
- Informing and engaging the community about public health issues and disseminating accurate information to diverse communities
- Supporting the public health workforce who is working tirelessly to mitigate COVID-19
- Championing health equity and social justice so that the greatest burden of COVID-19 does not fall on our most vulnerable citizens, and
- Promoting access to health care – because no one deserves to suffer without care, or care that is much too costly
The Utah Public Health Association (UPHA) is a leader in promoting public health, advocating for sound public health policy, and providing professional development opportunities for the public health community. Our 200+ members include public health professionals, health educators, doctors, nurses, community leaders, students, and citizens committed to improving the health of Utahns.
If you are not yet a member of UPHA, we encourage you to join and get involved. There are many opportunities available to anyone with an interest in promoting and protecting public health. You can add your voice to advocacy initiatives about pressing public health issues, attend or even help to plan one of our professional development events, apply for a community grant, join a Section or Special Interest Group to focus on a specific public health issue, sit on a committee, volunteer as an intern, and much more! Explore the website to find out more about what we do and how you can be a part of our public health community.
Who We Are?
UPHA is a leader in public health advocacy, improving public health practice, and providing professional development opportunities for members and the public health community. Founded in 1916, UPHA is the largest public health organization in Utah and is an affiliate of the American Public Health Association. Our members include professionals from a variety of sectors all committed to improving the health of Utahns.
OUR VISIONUPHA strives to:
- Advocate sound public health policy
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment
- Promote community and population health
- Inform and engage the community about public health issues
- Support and develop the public health workforce
- Champion health equity and social justice
- Promote access to health care
President’s Message No matter what our role in public health is, for the past eight months we have all been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. I have seen such unwavering efforts by so many to contact trace despite the steady often rising case counts. The emergency response teams have continuously responded to requests for supplies […]
President’s Message Utah Public Health Association 2020-2021: Virtually Unlimited The COVID-19 pandemic seems to bring many changes, which limit the way things have been done in the past. I want to suggest that rather than being limited this upcoming year, the Utah Public Health Association (UPHA) 2020-2021 is virtually unlimited in many ways. We are […]
President’s Message With the summer almost behind us, now is a great time to get involved with the Utah Public Health Association (UPHA). If you are not a member yet, we invite you to join us. UPHA is an organization that supports the development of the public health workforce and as such provides opportunities for […]