The Utah Public Health Association continues to stand behind Utah’s public health workers who work to create conditions where all Utahans can be as healthy as possible. UPHA is committed to the health and safety of all communities and shares our concern for humanity at this time. We lean on our guiding principles to support our community. We reaffirm, especially during this great public health crisis, our commitment to:
Advocating for sound public health policy
- Ensuring a healthy and safe environment by supporting people to “stay safe and stay home”
- Informing and engaging the community about public health issues and disseminating accurate information to diverse communities
- Supporting the public health workforce who is working tirelessly to mitigate COVID-19
- Championing health equity and social justice so that the greatest burden of COVID-19 does not fall on our most vulnerable citizens, and
- Promoting access to health care – because no one deserves to suffer without care, or care that is much too costly
The Utah Public Health Association (UPHA) is a leader in promoting public health, advocating for sound public health policy, and providing professional development opportunities for the public health community. Our 200+ members include public health professionals, health educators, doctors, nurses, community leaders, students, and citizens committed to improving the health of Utahns.
If you are not yet a member of UPHA, we encourage you to join and get involved. There are many opportunities available to anyone with an interest in promoting and protecting public health. You can add your voice to advocacy initiatives about pressing public health issues, attend or even help to plan one of our professional development events, apply for a community grant, join a Section or Special Interest Group to focus on a specific public health issue, sit on a committee, volunteer as an intern, and much more! Explore the website to find out more about what we do and how you can be a part of our public health community.
Who We Are?
UPHA is a leader in public health advocacy, improving public health practice, and providing professional development opportunities for members and the public health community. Founded in 1916, UPHA is the largest public health organization in Utah and is an affiliate of the American Public Health Association. Our members include professionals from a variety of sectors all committed to improving the health of Utahns.
OUR VISIONUPHA strives to:
- Advocate sound public health policy
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment
- Promote community and population health
- Inform and engage the community about public health issues
- Support and develop the public health workforce
- Champion health equity and social justice
- Promote access to health care
President’s Message Whatever holidays you celebrate this month, I hope it is filled with joy and happiness! I also know that for some the holidays are not a happy time. Please take some time for yourself and your mental health and remember that you are not alone in the world. Reach out to a friend […]
President’s Message November is a month of gratitude. We are so grateful for all of our members – dedicated public health professionals and students! We know how much you give to your jobs and the community as a whole. We also want to give you the opportunity to give back to UPHA. If you shop […]
President’s Message Autumn is a time of change. Just like the leaves change color, fade away and drop, so also is UPHA going through change. We are working to envision an even more diverse, transparent organization moving forward. Thanks to everyone who joined us for our annual Board Retreat last month! We were able to […]